Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Labor Day Weekend 2010

I know I'm behind, but I'm catching up, OK?

Labor Day weekend, I went on a little road trip with my friends Sarah and Kim to the Finger Lakes region of New York. I'd never been there before (except for just driving through), but this place was absolutely beautiful. You can bet that Nathan and I will be visiting.

When we got there, it had just stopped raining after several days of bad weather. This picture pretty much sums up how great the weekend was...


Kim knew about this great state park called Watkins Glen. It's too bad it was pretty close to dark when we went, but there's a series of beautiful waterfalls that have obviously been wearing away at the rock for a very long time.




I am sooooo looking forward to going back and hiking the rest of the way into this place!

Funny side note: I guess we weren't the only ones who had the idea to take a spontaneous trip to Watkins Glen. We tried to find a hotel room and out of the maybe twenty hotels/motels/B&Bs we called, we finally found one that had two available rooms - one with two beds that was a "smoking" room, and one with a king bed that was "non-smoking". We unanimously voted to go cozy and save ourselves from coughing all night. I guess I didn't realize places still had hotel rooms for smokers. Random. Anyway...

After we got home, there was a storm system moving in. I snapped some pictures from the marina in Sackets Harbor and a couple of cloud pictures from the Lowe's parking lot. Hey - you've gotta take your chances when they come.




Next time, I'll tell you about Thanksgiving/Nathan's R&R/Christmas. I didn't bring my camera, so if you're the type to like pictures stories, I'm sorry. You won't like it. If you have a problem with it, tell the airlines that fly in and out of Syracuse to let me actually keep my carry on bag inside the cabin with me so my camera will be safe when I travel. I'm not putting my camera in a bag that's going to get thrown in the cargo hold. Nope.

No comments:

Post a Comment