Saturday, January 2, 2010

Erie, PA

We made it all the way from Jackson (TN) to Erie, PA today. I promised a blog entry, so you're getting one. The only problem is I learned that my computer having an SD card reader doesn't help me with my camera's SDHC card. Who knew? That means I can't upload my pictures of the mounds of snow outside that we had to drive through to get to the hotel. I was also going to include a picture of the MapQuest illustration of how far, exactly, the trip was today. Unfortunately, my computer is also currently sans Office, therefore no program to use to edit said picture. As soon as I find a place to live, though, I'll fix my computer and/or get a card reader that can handle my SDHC card and you will get to see what's going on. That's always more fun than listening to me ramble anyway.

Long story short, we hit lake effect snow 20 minutes from Erie and I lost sight of the road. I just had to follow Nathan, and he had to follow the car in front of him. I slid on some ice, narrowly missing Nathan's truck at a traffic light. We got a hotel room, snuck the cats in, and refused to try and drive again till they clear the roads. Side note - Applebee's delivery wasn't half bad. They brought it straight to our room door. I'll let you know if we decide to brave the snow tomorrow and continue driving. If it's bad, we might just live it up in our awesome suite with jacuzzi tub :-)

1 comment: