Tuesday, March 30, 2010

New Friends ...and Harsh Reality


I want to introduce you to my first new friends in New York. Karin is on the left and Sarah is on the right (with the fur hood).


They are both lieutenants in the same area as Nathan - medical service, the support system behind the doctors, dentists, physical therapists, etc. They also both spent the same six weeks at Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio that Nathan did, so he knew them before we all moved here. So far, we've made a few shopping trips to Syracuse and we have a Sunday lunch tradition at Cracker Barrel. Nathan and I got our apartment first, so for a while I cooked for the group of us. Now that Nathan has deployed, they've had me over for dinner a few times. It's good fun :-) They also have a great apartment in the Village of Sackets Harbor overlooking Lake Ontario. I'm sure I'll talk about that again.

You may think that this was a weekend ski trip to some far-away place. *Sigh* No such luck. All of that snow could be found five minutes from my apartment. That day, there were huge wet snowflakes falling, and I hadn't worn a hat. It was freezing. My hands went numb several times. I once again realized that we're not in Kans - *ahem* Mississippi - anymore...


Thanks for sharing the picture, Karin!

No comments:

Post a Comment