Saturday, February 27, 2010

Ok friends, I need your help...


I have just learned that Nathan's mother is coming to visit in about 10 days. That's really great. No, really. It's just that I've been ignoring the guest bedroom since we moved in. I didn't expect anybody to come visit any time soon. Now I'm in desperate need of a duvet cover. I really want to do something sunny and yellow in there, because I love yellow for decorating and Nathan doesn't. If I can stash it away in the guest room, it's a perfect compromise. Nathan doesn't have to live around the yellow, but I still get to use it. I really love this duvet cover from Pottery Barn, but I don't have $150 for one.


I also really love this one, even though it's not really yellow at all. But also massively expensive.


The style I'm going for is floral, but still within my own generation. That's the nicest way I can think of to say "not old-womanish" without actually saying it. Oops. But anyway, I love this one because it's a beautiful robin's egg blue, not that dusty blue from the 80s. I can't really explain why I love it, so maybe we should just stick with yellow.

So far, I've been to Target, Pier 1, and Bed, Bath, & Beyond in person, as well as websites for Target, BB&B, Crate and Barrel, CB2, Macy's, JC Penny, Anthropologie, Amazon, The Company Store, Overstock.com, Ikea, QVC and Home Shopping Network (so I'm getting desperate, ok?). No luck with anything affordable in yellow.

Do you have any other suggestions for websites with nice, at-least-somewhat-modernish bedding? ANYTHING at all?

4 comments:

  1. Maybe just type in "yellow duvet" and see what comes up. There are sites and stores that I have never heard of, where you can find stuff.

    The places you listed covered every dang place I would have thought of first!!!

    You need yellow to brighten up your dreary winter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I certainly do! We've had snow on the ground almost constantly since we got here in January.

    I've also tried every combination of yellow duvet cover I can think of in Google without any luck. Thanks for the advice though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you've already seen these, but these seem to bring in some of what you want without the price tag:

    http://www.potterybarn.com/products/woodland-organic-duvet-cover-sham/?pkey=cbedding-sale-duvets

    or

    http://www.potterybarn.com/products/mum-floral-organic-duvet-cover-sham/?pkey=cbedding-sale-duvets

    You don't even have to buy matching shams. Just buy a coordinating color sham from Target for cheaper! It'd look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay and I JUST saw you wrote this February 27, so you probably already solved your problem. LOL. Sorry for the delay!

    ReplyDelete