Friday, February 5, 2010

Opinions, Anyone?

Now that Nathan and I have moved far, far away from home, we consider our adult life definitively under way. To go with this new life, we've decided to lose some of our ugly, worn out, Wal-Mart furniture (i.e. plastic) and upgrade to pieces made out of something at least resembling wood. We have some great couches on the way, but the next eye sore that needs replacing is the TV stand. What we have is made out of plastic posts and particle board. It looks something like this, but in a different configuration.

This ABSOLUTELY will not do. So here's the quick low-down on our apartment. The living room is carpeted a light-to-medium tan. The walls are a cream - off-white but definitely with some yellow. We have some hideous brown plastic (think doctor's office or military barracks) "base boards," and I use that term loosely. I am allowed to paint, but I'm not sure I want to commit the time and energy to painting, then painting back before we move out. But back to the TV stand. We have two game systems, some controllers, a cable box, a DVD player, a cable modem, and a wireless router that all need to be neatly put away, so please keep that in mind.

So, everybody, what do you think of these? They're in no particular order except how I managed to click on their icons to upload them. I'll give them names so you can talk about them in the comments.

Please talk about them in the comments! I need help here.

Coventry:

Espresso:

Wilmington: (the three "drawers" are a door hiding shelves)


Cameron:

Holliday: (the sides aren't doors - they're shelves visible from the sides)

Credenza:

Just one more question...How important is solid wood? Because if my internet search has taught me anything, it's that I probably can't afford it even if I could find it.

2 comments:

  1. I personally like "Credenza" and "Coventry" the best. I just like the squared off look of those two, the glassed off doors, and the ability to decorate within those shelves. Holiday is cute, but I think it has TOO much glass. I think the key here might be to get something with enough glass that you can decorate or organize colors inside it, but not show off every wire. Keep this in mind if you plan on having kiddos around in the future: it's easier if all those wires, games, etc are behind a closed door than on an open shelf! I've learned this about wood: soft wood (such as pine) dents and scratches easily...so if you think you're gonna want a quality piece to hang around for a while, get the nicer wood! But if you wanna change it up in a few years, just get a "middle of the road" piece. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote Covington or Credenza. Covington looks the most like you...I like the windows on it. Credenza looks like it might hide more though...Solid wood will last forever, but it's heavy to move!

    ReplyDelete