Saturday, August 14, 2010

Hello Again


Hello everyone! (All 2 of you that still read my blog :-D ) I've been pretty slow on the blogging lately, I know. Most of the summer has been pretty uneventful but I've got some great stuff coming up in blogs. My parents have come to visit and we've been trying to hit most of the major sites of New York. We've seen New York City and all the local attractions (St. Lawrence river, the Thousand Islands region, Wellesley Island, Fort Drum, etc.), and we're going to Niagara Falls before they leave. I'll be blogging about all of that soon, but for now I just have to share one thing with you...


This picture was taken today (Mom's camera, Mom taking the picture, moving vehicle - sorry for the blur). Please look closely, then tell me what color you think the leaves are...

Red? Yellow? Why, yes, I believe you're right. It is now FALL! Leaves have been falling from the trees since the last couple of days in July. Summer didn't arrive till the 4th of July, and it's already ending. Now, before some of you who have been enduring the heat waves tell me how lucky I am, I just want to explain something. I genuinely feel sorry for you, but please remember what I get after fall happens - lots and lots of snow. And by "lots" I don't mean six inches of snow - I mean six feet of snow. Well, at least six feet is what is considered a "normal" winter here. We never had more than three feet this past winter but everyone goes on and on about how mild a winter we had.

So anyway...I'm a little bummed out.

1 comment:

  1. Actually, the leaves here hasn´t start to turn yellow yet. But during the nights the temperature drops close to freezing so fall is on its way here too. But today we had a nice warm day with temperatures in the upper 70:s.

    ReplyDelete