Wednesday, August 25, 2010

New York Stars


There is this strange phenomenon with the houses here. I've never seen so many people with the same outdoor decor. People like to put these giant stars on their houses, barns, garages, whatever. I'm trying to think if there is something people liked in the South like this, but my best guess is those gazing balls in the garden. I don't think even they were this popular. I was just out for an afternoon and there were tons of these stars. I kinda liked them at first, but now I've just seen too many. What do you think?





And by the way, I could find dozens more. I just didn't think it was necessary to make the point :)

3 comments:

  1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnstar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh....I like them! Several people in our neighborhood have them. If I had a place for one on my house, I'd add one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting to see, and interesting link to the information on wikipedia.

    ReplyDelete