Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A Weekend of Fourth of Julys


Maybe it's that American history has some deep roots around here. Maybe it's that the most deployed division in the Army is right up the road. Maybe the locals are just very patriotic. Whatever it is, they did tons of fireworks shows and historical presentations of sorts for several days around Fourth of July. I missed the war reenactments (War of 1812, not Civil War...that's different from the South, right?), but at least I was off work in time for the fireworks shows. I basically googled some photography sites on how to get pictures of them, but some turned out pretty good. Now if only I had a tripod...




I wish you could see these full-sized. The tiny versions just don't show the clarity very well. Not that I'm an amazing photographer - I just picked my very favorite ones out of the dozens and dozens I took and I like 'em :-)

3 comments:

  1. Niiiiice Shellaine! They look good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! You should see the hundreds of blurry ones I took :-) If at first you don't succeed, just keep snapping pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been working for years to try to get good fireworks photos. I am very impressed that you got the without a tripod.

    ReplyDelete