Sunday, June 6, 2010

Back to the Daily Grind! Or the Three-Days-a-Week Grind...


I started my new job on Thursday. I work part time, so Thursday, Friday, and a half day on Saturday. It's at this awesome place -

Look them up on facebook.

They don't have any pictures of the outside of the building on their website, but it looks like a giant log cabin. If you look at the virtual tour, you'll see how much space there is inside and how clean it is. It doesn't smell like "vet clinic". You probably all know the smell. This is the cleanest clinic I've ever been in. The maintenance man even told me that if I ever do smell the "vet clinic" smell, tell him because it means he missed a spot and he's not doing his job as well as he should.

Including me, they now have seven vets. They're all really good, and they all seem glad to have new grads around (I count as a new grad because I've never done general practice before, and they hired another vet that graduated last month).

They see lots of exotics and wildlife. The practice takes care of the local zoo's animals, and they're one of the only practices in the area that will take in wildlife. In the two and a half days I've been there, they've seen a macaw parrot, a falcon, a gosling, three bunnies (smaller than your hand), and an owl. They did surgery on a fox earlier in the week.

They also have AAHA certification. If you've never heard of this, it's a certification given to hospitals that meet standards of excellence.

I think I'll really like working there :-)

1 comment:

  1. This place looks great! I took a virtual tour :) Hope it's going well so far!

    ReplyDelete