Saturday, May 29, 2010

Things I Learned Today

1. There are some SERIOUS rednecks in New York. Natives of New York. Not imported from the South.

2. A little antiquing with a friend can do wonders for morale.

3. With a Power of Attorney, I have the legal right to sell Nathan's truck, open credit accounts in his name, buy a house, clean out the bank account, you name it. Oh wait, anything EXCEPT for getting Nathan's name taken off a Philip Morris mailing list. Really Philip Morris? You think you're THAT important???

4. A long walk just before dusk feels wonderful.

5. Take more than one doggie poo bag when you walk a dog.

6. All of New York is not citified. It smelled like dairies outside today. (I knew this one already, but I didn't know if you knew.)

7. If you knock on the right door, you might get more than you hoped for. I wanted to buy two of these. I was given all ten that were in bloom, and free reign to pick as many as I want all season.


They remind me of my wedding since I carried pink ones :-) Now, I just have to leave something for the lady that let me have them. Suggestions? My best idea so far is ginger molasses cookies. I've been on a kick lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment